Welcome to the Sober Today Club website.
Our mission is to provide a clean, comfortable and safe meeting place for members of various 12 step groups.
The following are the original twelve steps as published by Alcoholics Anonymous
1. We admitted we were powerless over alcohol - that our lives had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
Acceptance is the Answer
pg 417 of The Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous
And acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing, or situation - some fact of my life - unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing, or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment. Nothing, absolutely nothing, happens in God's world by mistake. Until I could accept my alcoholism, I could not stay sober; unless I accept life completely on life's terms, I cannot be happy. I need to concentrate not so much on what needs to be changed in the world as on what needs to be changed in me and in my attitudes.
Sober Today Club
1633 S. 21st Ave, Hollywood, FL 33020
The Sober Today Club is located in the Trackside Plaza on the NE corner of Pembroke Road and Dixie Highway in Hollywood, Fl.
If you would like information on bringing a 12-Step meeting into Sober Today Club or information on holding a recovery event, please contact us today.
If you need a meeting, please take a look at our meeting list for scheduled times. If it is an emergency, and there are no meetings available, please reach out to any one of the resources below.
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) 1(800) 662-HELP (4357)
Partnership for Drug-Free Kids 1(855) DRUGFRE (855-378-4373)
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255
PDF - Online Books - Click to view